Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Call Me Lolo

I faced a hurdle this week. I’m an endurance person, not a leaper or sprinter. But I faced a hurdle. Wednesday afternoon. I had a need for a person I love. And I prayed a very specific prayer and it had a pretty tight time line. Went to church Wednesday night and sang with the worship team. We sang “Healer” by Hillsong. One of my favorites.
You hold my every moment
You calm my raging seas
You walk with me through fire
You heal all my disease
I trust in you
I trust in you
I believe you’re my healer
I believe you are all I need
I believe you’re my portion
I believe you’re more than enough for me
Jesus you’re all I need
Though often times I fail you
I bow my head in shame
You promised to forgive me
When I call out your name
I trust in you
I trust in you
Nothing is impossible for you
Nothing is impossible
You hold my world in your hands

I stood there with my arms raised and felt the presence of God, like He was reaching towards me. Not in the way he was going to give me everything I asked for, that was the furthest thing on my mind. Not sure if it’s because I was with our worship team and I know many of them quite well, and know that they were truly in the presence of God as well, and where two or three are gathered…but it was a moment.
I believe God, no matter what. I trust God, no matter what. But moments like this are powerful (and rare) and special. So imagine my excitement when the next afternoon everything was taken care of. At first I was thinking God just made it all go away, until I realized that while he definitely showed up and answered my prayer, he gave me Lolo Jones skills. He turned me into a hurdler. I didn’t look down the track and try to remove the hurdle. I didn’t try to run around it. I trusted God and went forward. We hurdled. I understand not everything will happen this way, but I believe when it’s something in God’s plan, even though I don’t know how it fits, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE. You hold my world in your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment