Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Secret Life #3

What a great sermon we heard this last weekend. Double Agent. It was about our loyalty. Satan hates loyalty, and he tries to destroy it. He tries to break up marriages, families and friendships. And he does a good job. In the Garden of Eden he questioned God's loyalty to Eve. I was touched by a couple things Mark said. One was a general idea that sometimes I feel so alone in my struggles. I think I'm the only one feeling a certain way, but then Mark will talk about it from the stage and I realize that I'm not the only one feeling that way. I'm sorry anyone else is feeling the struggles of life, but I'm not alone. The other thing he talked about was when you feel out of sync with God. When your worship is dry. When you don't want to read your Bible or pray or even feel like going to church and participating in worship. When you are not on the path he has for you, the struggles and trials are harder to deal with. Life is going to be hard, there is going to be pain, and there is going to be injustice. The key is to keep our loyalties where they belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment