Sunday, June 27, 2010

Marathon Training

I ran 23 miles this week. That was short a run (or two.) I ran 12.5 with Steve yesterday, was supposed to be 12, thought I could do 13. Came up over the bridge at mile 12 and saw this beautiful sight. The yellow roof through those trees is my house.

Steve still needed to run a mile which meant he had to take the long way, but I had ran my 12 and decided I didn't want to run 13. So I "cut the ditch" which is our terminology for cutting .6 of a mile off and running cross country home. I wasn't too far in when I saw Steve turn the corner and realized he was going to run mile 23 faster than I could run my last half mile. So I busted it to get home the same time he did. I missed today's run because I didn't feel up to it. *I actually didn't miss it at all, I was quite happy to not run. I did learn that parking at Krispy Kreme to run home was not a good idea. When I picked up my car, I picked up a dozen donuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment