Thursday, June 10, 2010

Secret Life #1

Our current sermon series at Newspring is called Secret Life. First week was about being you. God created you, individually, specially, one of a kind. No one else can be you, so be real, stop faking, and be the best you you can be. Steve sang the Gavin Degraw song “I don't want to be
Anything other than what I've been trying to be lately, All I have to do, Is think of me, and I have peace of mind, I'm tired of looking 'round rooms, Wondering what I've got to do, Or who I'm supposed to be, I don't want to be anything other than me.” As he sang this song wanna know what I was thinking? Not how great the message of the song was. Not how great he sang it, I was thinking “I want to be Steve too”. Because I want to experience just how great it is to be married to me. THAT’S RIGHT! I SAID IT!
It was a great reminder that being authentic is worth it. Being authentic and transparent can be hard. You open yourself up. Sometimes people fake it, pretending to be something they aren’t to get where they want to be, maybe just get their faster, or get where they really don’t belong. If I can’t be me, then I don’t need it. So I’m looking at my “secret life” and trying to decide where I need to be more real.

1 comment:

  1. Funny cartoon!

    Boy, this ties in to some stuff I've been mulling over lately. Being yourself also means being content with who you are and what you have and all the things about you that set you apart from anyone else, knowing that God designed you precisely that way. There are things we will always want to improve or wish we had, but the fact is, we are exactly who God wanted us to be and we should be pleased because He certainly way when He made us and continues to be pleased with His creation.

    ReplyDelete