Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Favorite Men


I want to tell you about someone I don't blog about, but one of my all time favorite guys. My oldest brother, Kris. He is two and a half years older than me. He is funny, irreverant, sarcastic, and absolutely one of the greatest, most giving, generous people I know. Two short stories about him. When Nate was born, he came in my hospital room and told me to never let my pride get in the way. If Nate needed anything, I was to ask. He would never let Nate go without. He has lived up to that, more times than I can count. He has been a positive role model in Nate's life since the day he was born. Story 2, when my grandma died, Whitney was not quite 6 months old. Kris hates funerals. I know nobody likes them, but he has been known to drive to the church, sit in the parking lot, when the service is over go in and speak to his friend and then leave. He hates hospitals too. When Whitney got fussy in the service, Steve got up to take her out. Kris took her from Steve and told Steve to stay with us. Steve was quite surprised, because while he knew my Grandma, she didn't know him, and especially not like Kris. But Kris took Whitney into the lobby. He's a baseball fan, all sports, actually. He likes sports cars. We like the same books. We like the same music. We have a lot of the same friends. He's very smart and easy to talk to. And he moved to Seattle April 2009 and I miss him terribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment