Sunday, August 15, 2010

Training Update

Another running moment that should be on my training documentary. Wednesday night I had 6 miles and I was by myself. I grabbed my water bottle and my ipod and headed out the door. Turned on my 80’s rock block and set the stopwatch on the ipod and took off. Realized my water bottled didn’t have the handle. Steve had both water bottles with handles on his 13 mile run because he had a 6 mile stretch without a refill stop. This isn’t a big deal. Usually, I put my ipod in the waterproof zippered pouch on the handle of the water bottle, but just slid it in the pocket of my skirt and kept running. GUESS WHAT! The wide comfort waist band is not designed to hold up the weight of the ipod. Every ten steps I had to yank up the side of my skirt. But did I turn around, oh no. Kept going. Got to one mile and my ipod freezes. I pull it out and reset it, but the battery was dead. I checked it before I left and it showed about a third, which should have been enough, but it was deceptive. I’m pretty sure I haven’t charged it in about two weeks. So now I’m running with an ipod I can’t listen to that is pulling down my skirt. And the further I run the more I sweat the more uncomfortable my skirt is when I pull it up because the briefs get yanked into a place they shouldn’t go. When I get 3.5 miles and turn around, I fill my water bottle and ask if they have a small plastic bag I can have to put my ipod in because now I’m sweating like my teenage boy. They give me a rubber glove. Which actually worked real well because I tied my ipod in the rubber glove and then tied it by the fingers around the water bottle like a handle and my skirt stayed where it was supposed to for the last 2.5 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment