Sunday, August 1, 2010

Training Update

19.4 miles Saturday, 10 miles Sunday. I have to say my clothes are hanging and I can see that I'm thinner. Running double digit miles in triple digit heat will do that. I'm watching what I eat, however, all the running makes me so hungry I watch it right into my mouth. On Saturday I ran 10 miles and went into Quiktrip to get a gatorade and water and got a diet coke and a donut. It did not negatively impact the next nine miles. It may not have been the best thing I could have done, but boy was it good.
I had a rough week last week. Life, work especially and heard a woman say "I ran two miles and loved every minute of it". I wanted to poke her in the eye. (In a kind, loving christian way, of course). Because I ran two miles, than two more, and two more, etc. But it's my choice, and honestly, I like doing it, or I wouldn't. (I was just in a mood all week, and I'm way to proud to admit to some of the things that bothered me. I will say, I kept most of them to myself).
Last week I ran 17.4 on Saturday, 8 on Sunday. My big black toenail on my right foot just finally grew out, I had ten healthy pink piggies and Sunday, new black toe, second toe on left foot. Couldn't run for three days till the swelling went down. Which was okay because the chafing under my bra elastic still hadn't completely healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment