Sunday, August 8, 2010

Training Update

It's hot. I know it's hot everywhere, but Kansas continues to see triple digit temps, to say nothing of the heat index. I continue to run in it. I think plantar fasciitis never heals, so I experience heal pain on a semi-regular basis. I'm hungry alot. I'm sweaty alot. I rarely dry and fix my hair because I'm just going to run again. Thank goodness for natural waves and pretty red flowers to pin on low loose messy buns. And yet I continue to run. No one is making me, I could quit today and live a very good life. I just like to do it. AND this morning I found a pair of jeans in my drawer. I forgot I had them. I got them and they were tight, they were from a store that caters to a different demographic than me. I waited too long to return them. And they are expensive. They were a gift. I put them on this morning and they fit. Wore them to church. And on the way out of church Steve tells me I'm looking really good. I went out in 101 degree weather, 111 heat index and ran 4 miles this afternoon. The power of results. Keep you moving. This was a fall back week, so all the runs were shorter than usual. Longest was 10 miles. However I ran with Steve and he was afraid we weren't going to get 10 so he took us another stop light. It was 11. You would think at that point 10 or 11 doesn't matter that much. But it did. I wanted to quit at 10. Mentally it was all I was prepared for. Of course, if he didn't tell me while we were running, I wouldn't have known the difference. Here's hoping and praying for cooler temps.

No comments:

Post a Comment