Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cast your Cares

Went to church last Wednesday night. Mark asked the question “how many of you are going through a tough time right now?” I looked around at the hands that went up, and then looked at Steve. I had to ask, since neither of us raised our hands, have we accepted this as normal? Pretty much we have. Life is hard. We (as followers of Christ) were not promised an easy road. I struggle with my faults and failings that make my life harder and tougher than it needs to be, because I have enough trials with the self inflicted ones. But that’s for another day. Or not. We all have struggles. No one is exempt. But we all have something else too. 1 Peter 5:7-8 tell us “7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. 8 Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.” After we give all of our worries and cares to God, (and the amplified version says give them to him once and for all), we are to be alert and watch out, so our enemy, the devil, doesn’t devour us. This is where my self inflicted trials come from. Not be alert. Not be watching out. I’m going to try and practice both of these more. Cast all my cares, and be alert.

No comments:

Post a Comment