Sunday, September 19, 2010

Training Update

I ran my Saturday long run in the dark again. Whitney had a volleyball tournament Saturday and had to be there at 7:30. 22.5 miles all in the dark. And I fell down. Went a little further than I had ever gone before so I was unfamiliar with the sidewalk and I wasn't as careful as I should have been. I have a flashlight and glow stick, but I wasn't using it. I am so used to something hurting that I don't know how I would act if I got out of bed and nothing ached. On the other side of that, I feel so much better than I used to that I can't complain about it. Usually it quits hurting after I'm up for a while and everything warms up and loosens up. I have a mobile pain in my legs. Never know if it will be my right heel or my left ankle or the top of my right foot or my calf...
The marathon is in three weeks, and my biggest concern is what to wear. Seriously. I'm trying to figure out what running clothes will look presentable and decent in front of other runners and still be comfortable instead of just throwing on something and running. I can't try anything new, because it might chafe or not wear well.
This week I have 58 miles to run. But no volleyball tournament on Saturday, so I can get up at a decent time like 4:30 a.m. to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment