Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Impatience

I have an area of my life where I am really impatient. The grocery store. I think sometimes people are there just to annoy me. I've been working really hard on this, keeping a pleasant face, not showing any signs of impatience with the other people that happen to have the misfortune of being in the same store with me. And tonight I was doing well. Even behind the three middle school girls walking down the aisle in front of me and super slow motion speed. The whole aisle. Looking behind them to watch me. Even when I got in the line to check out and there were 3 lines open to serve the 50 or so customers that were in line. I believe it was WIC voucher day and vision card day. So I waited. 25 minutes. My stuff is all unloaded on the counter, the girl in front of me's last item has been scanned and she says "Oh. My husband went back to get orange juice. Can you slow down?" My head spun around three times and I think I hissed fire. But I sucked it back in, washed it down with a diet coke, settled my halo back on my now clearly visible horns and finished up.

No comments:

Post a Comment