Sunday, September 12, 2010

Training Update

I ran 60 miles in a week. Seven days. This is a new record for me. I'm at the point in (ultra)marathon training where it takes a big part of your life. I'm working hard to keep it where it belongs, I'm making it a point to get to Whitney's volleyball games and to take care of my house and my family. But this is a lot of hours to dedicate to running. And yet somehow, I still love it. This week I had my first totally nighttime run. I have ended some runs in the dark, and 5:00 a.m. is dark, but this was different. Overnight. Steve will have to run overnight in his 100 mile, and that's the time he wants company. So Whitney got "called up" to play on the JV team in a tournament on Saturday, and in the interest of supporting her (really, I wouldn't miss watching her play every chance I get) Steve and I went to bed early Friday night. Like toddler early, and got up at midnight to run 22 miles and 30 miles respectively. This takes some extra planning. Flashlights. More 24 hour convenience stores on the route, however it's cool enough to not need as many stops. Extra 5 hour energy shots. And another toddler early bedtime on Saturday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment