Friday, September 3, 2010

Conversations with Whitney

A picture is worth a thousand words...but I'm gonna give you words too. Whitney played her first high school volleyball games this week. It should be weird, but it's not. What is weird was getting called for the second game to help with food. I'm the mother of a freshman, no one should have my number. Unfortunately, Nate's friends mom's all have it. I'm easily accessible. I also got to hear from one of Nate's baseball coaches from last year what he thought of Nate. Makes a mom proud to hear that their kid is well thought of coming out of high school. Rough years to be around kids. Anyway, some of my favorite volleyball pictures, some of my favorite girls.
Whitney is #17 with her arms in the air. This is on an 8 run serving streak she pounded out.
These four played club together last winter (remember? I bored you all with those pictures too). Now they are on opposite sides of the court, but still love each other.
Six of the girls on Whitney's team.
Whitney and one of the girls on the varsity team. She's a junior, and she is an amazing volleyball player. When she jumps she gets waist high with the top of the net. She can hit the ball real hard. Fun to watch. She also loves Whitney.

2 comments:

  1. Is that Crystal? Pretty sure she has springs in her legs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, Crystal. Whatever she has in those legs is something else. She is so fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete