Friday, April 20, 2012

Conversations with Whitney

Whitney: “I can’t take back the words I never said”.

Ooooooh boy. This really smacked me. I have been holding a person responsible for words they haven’t said. For making me feel a certain way that they didn’t, because I’ve done it to myself. I’ve allowed circumstances and happenings to be about me that kind of were, but really weren’t, and I know it.

Whether the circumstances or happenings should have happened isn’t my issue here. It’s apologies and confessions have been made. Forgiveness requested and granted. Reparations made, as best as possible. And yet, I’m still holding on to hurt, wanting it fixed and the person I’m holding responsible can’t fix it because it’s not hurt they inflicted.

Today I’m setting them free. Releasing them of expectations. Expectations to fix things they didn't break.


Don’t discount wisdom because it comes from youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment