Monday, April 23, 2012

Deal With It

At church yesterday morning Jonathon started his message with the statement/question that we all have things we need to deal with in our lives. I scribbled on the back of a tithe envelope (have to put them to good use now, they are going to waste with all the on-line giving) three things that I need to deal with.

The first one is a relationship that I need to deal with. Not so much the person, just my involvement and what level of involvement I want and how to deal with it. Not a shock.

Another one is long time habit that I need to change. Not sin even, just something I want to change. Again, no surprise.

The third one, though, was a surprise as I quit writing and saw the word "prayer". I pray pretty much constantly, I think. I have an on-going conversation with God, open communication all day. When someone asks me to pray for them or a prayer request, if I say I will, I do it. What I'm missing though, is a time that I pray for the people I love. Not a list of wants, not a list of thank you's. A time spent praying health and safety and blessings on those I love. Over the course of the last year my prayers have been more selfish than usual. Over several things. The fact that this came to mind leads me to believe that God thinks I'm ready to get past that.

I am going to do that. Deal with these three.

2 comments: