Sunday, April 15, 2012

In my corner

Third track meet of the season. She gets three throws, first one was flat, but was measurable and in the top 50% of the field. Second one she scratched, third one she got her cleats stuck in the mud and fell across the line and that was also a scratch. They let the boys throw first this time so we missed a wedding we really wanted to go to, but I would not miss her less than stellar performance at this track meet for anything. Even though we stood for three hours to see her throw. She is totally worth every minute of it. I know how much it would kill me to miss a throw and then have it be her last. Lived through that with Nate, won't chance it with her if at all possible. Here she is being goofy (as usual) wearing Steven's jersey.

Last volleyball tournament of the club season. We started off well, played some really good games. And for the only time I can say this in nine tournaments, in the last match of the day, Whitney could not find the court. That's volleyball language for she didn't know where she was. What was really odd, she was in her strongest position, back row. She was letting things drop close to the line, and just couldn't get her rythym. By the time she did, it had affected the whole team, and we lost the match. Which put us out of tournament play. After we got home, two to three hours earlier than we would've, I watched the storms go through McPherson and Saline Counties, up where her tournament was and was quite glad we didn't drive home in that.

We had Ashley's 20th birthday party. Cake, ice cream and punch. I made the cake and ice cream, and would've shared a picture but the cake was not a piece of art, it was delicious, and I don't know how to take a picture of delicious. I did eat too much of it. (So tomorrow will be my two hour night at the Y for core express, muscle pump and zumba).

Heard a great sermon this morning at church. I will be thinking about it and how I can apply it to my life and what I should do with it. Can't even put it into words right now what I'm thinking because it was very powerful to me, and I'm a bit jumbled from it.

Almost recovered from the marathon last week, pretty sure I'm going to run the one Saturday in Lawrence. The only thing that still hurts is the middle toe on my left foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment