Tuesday, May 18, 2010

CANCELED

This morning within five minutes I got texts from two friends canceling activities with me. One for her daughters high school regional softball tournament and one for a kindergarten soccer rain make up game. You know what I say to that? Great moms. In fact, if the softball game wasn’t in Lindsborg, KS I would be going. Hang out with my friend, watch her daughter play (GO HORNETS!!!) I am never upset or even disappointed when a friend cancels me for their children. That’s what is supposed to happen. I think I would be upset if I knew they were with me instead of their kids. There are moms who don’t put their kids first. I know some of them. It leaves a lasting mark. And while some kids play it off that they don’t care, they do. I know they understand when there are more kids than there are parents that someone is going to miss something sometimes. And there are things (like work) that keep you from being everywhere you want to be. But to choose a friend over your kids would send a message I would never want my kids to have. And so I am thankful for these two women who are purposely making their kids priorities. However, I have an opening tonight if anyone wants to run 8 miles with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment