Friday, May 21, 2010

Conversations with Whitney

Setting: Church, Sunday morning before 11:15 service

Whitney: (addressing our worship pastor) “move! You’re in my way.”
Pastor: laughs at her and says to me “you have the sweetest children.” Looks at Whitney and makes threatening motion.
Whitney looks at him and makes a “bring it on” motion.
All I could think was how grateful I was she didn’t say “I will light you on fire.” It’s a catch phrase of hers.


Weekend Preview:
Regional Baseball Tournament Friday at 2:00. Win and play again at 7:00. Lose and all done for the year.
8th Grade Awards Banquet and Formal Friday at 6:00. Will eat dinner, and then if Baseball is in game 2 will head back for that game.
Steve 50 is this Saturday. He exceeded his fund raising goal for MS. He also has three volunteers to help with aid stations and 10 volunteers to run with him. 3 for 10 miles and 2 for 15 miles. Then a finisher’s party for Steve and all the volunteers after. He has some really great friends. Some of the volunteers are my friends, so I have some really great friends too.
Birthday party Sunday
Softball game Sunday – yes, he will play softball the day after he runs 50 miles. We are also compatible in the area of insanity.
Monday – will post some pictures of the weekend events.

No comments:

Post a Comment