Thursday, May 6, 2010

Who Am I?

I heard a song the other day that really made me think. Scary times when my brain gets going. "Who am I that you are mindful of me, that you hear me when I call. Is it true that you are thinking of me, how you love me..." I know I'm taking it out of context, because the song is about being a friend of God. But what I started thinking is all the times I get discouraged over the answers to my prayers. Or lack of answers to my prayers. Or basically not getting my way. The fact that God hears me, and would even answer one ONE prayer is amazing. If the only prayer he ever answered was the one that gave me salvation and eternal life it's more than I deserve. Of course there have been more, but when I think of the question, "Who am I that you are mindful of me?" It's not a pretty picture. I'm a sinner. I'm not good in and of myself at all. And yet he loves me. In all his perfection and holiness, he loves me. He does good things for me. He hears me. He shows me in real ways that he loves me. It's a hard thing to remember sometimes, when I'm feeling low and selfish and believe God has the power to do anything but isn't, that he hears me. He's thinking of me. He loves me. And he is never going to give me everything I want. But I intend to remember that there is nothing I can do to make him love me any more, or any less for that matter. I need to live my life for him because he gave his son for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment