Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ross

The end of the school year has been filled with awards ceremonies. I’m all for recognizing and celebrating what our children have accomplished. Nate won some awards and coach said some nice things about him. But that's not what this is about. I want you to meet a special boy. This is Ross.


Ross lettered in baseball this year. He was the manager. He wore a jersey. He sat in the dugout. He encouraged. He cheered. He told the boys when they made an error. He kept stats and pitch counts. I loved it when they gave him his letter last night. I was sitting next to his mom. I could see Ross' face, and it brought tears to my eyes. The school and the baseball program were good to Ross. And so were the team. But Ross was good for those boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment