Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Today is the day...

I know last year I talked tough about my kids, one ending middle school and one ending high school and how it’s passage of life and I wou;d be celebrating it. And I’ve done well this month. Haven’t cried hardly at all (which for me is a big deal). Last baseball game of the year? The only tears came when we had to drive back home from Dodge City. Longest stretch of highway in the world. Or at least it feels like it. Senior Awards? The only tears were when Coach Wheeler stepped to the microphone (Coach Wheeler is Whitney’s friend Regan’s dad, Regan is the one that died in the golf cart accident in March and I still get emotional over their loss). 8th grade awards, my tears were because I paid $23.00 a plate for dry chicken breast and instant mashed potatoes.
But today I’m feeling a twinge. It’s the actual last day of 8th grade and tonight is Nate’s graduation. No tears, but I'm feeling some pangs that could be assuaged by dessert. Good thing I made cupcakes and sugar cookies for open house tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment