Monday, May 3, 2010

I have learned...

Drive through lanes with a sore (useless) left hand are not a good idea. I dropped a large iced tea, but the kind lady at Mcdonalds made a second one for me at no cost.
I could not open a bag of cereal, a bag of cheese, or a bottle of diet coke. I switched to cans (of diet coke, not cereal) just for this week.
It took me 3 times as long to load the dishwasher. This may have been because I was one handed, or it may have been because by the time I was ready to wash them there were 3 times as many dishes.
I can type faster one handed than the majority of people I work with. I already regret the fact that they know that.
Adults can have the same reaction of fever and crankiness to a tetanus shot that a baby can. Twelve days later my arm is still tender where I got the shot.
Sixteen days later my hand is still sore and twitchy.
Self inflicted Injury does not illicit sympathy from a 13 year old and a 17 year old. (Or my 19 year old nephew.)
This did qualify as a dumb dumb wound. “Dumb dumb wound – an injury sustained while doing something dumb or doing something dumbly.”

No comments:

Post a Comment