Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mt. Everest

I offended someone with my post on Mt. Everest. I apologize, because my intent is too never offend anyone. My point was not that people who don't have children don't know anything, in fact it was just the opposite. You can have all the knowledge in the world. But without practical exerience, that knowledge doesn't mean a whole lot in many areas. I would say a youth pastor would have all kinds of knowledge, as well as practical experience. But I have raise 4 teenagers and number 5 is 13. I cannot treat number 5 the way I did 1 through 4. Even with day to day, minute by minute experience with them I did things wrong and I did things different.

BUT MOSTLY!!! This was written because I work with people with no kids, ever, no spouse, ever and when I have an issue with one of my kids they have all the answers. And I only talk about issues when it affects work. Like I'm late or have to leave early.

So I sincerely apologize for offending you.

No comments:

Post a Comment