Thursday, January 12, 2012

Change the world

I was wondering if I could change the world what would I want different. Not what do I want to change about my life, but if I could make the world a better place, what would that look like?

Would I cure cancer? How about AIDS? Would I feed all the world’s children? Provide clean drinking water? Give everyone a clean dry warm bed to sleep in? Would I heal broken hearts and take away the pain of loss?

I can’t do any of these things. The only thing I can do to make the world a better place is be a better me. The only way I can be a better me is to live for Jesus. I had a crappy day. From morning till bedtime. At lunch I complained to God, whined, basically threw a four year old fit. And He chastised me. Some of the things I whined about he told me that he wasn’t going to fill that need in my life, go do what you think you need for someone else. So I did.

Interesting thing happened. In doing for others my need was met.

So today I have already looked for ways to pour into other’s lives as a way to feel better. Selfish? Maybe. Ulterior motives to my good deeds? Definitely. Do I feel better? Yes.

I realized that Jesus did heal while he was on earth, and fed the hungry and gave them something to drink. He did miracles that only he could do. But he never lost sight of the fact that he came to earth to give us all life, and he did that through dying for us. Giving us eternal life. He came that we might have the best life possible, through him. Regardless of whatever circumstances we find ourselves in, he came that we might have life.

How can I change the world? By sharing Jesus.

John 10:10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment