Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A nightmare

I had a nightmare last night...

I am running, faster than I have ever run before. It’s almost superhuman speeds. It’s night, it’s a country road with old fashioned wood posts fences. I am running but I am out of control. It’s almost like I’m flying, except I can’t get off the ground. Two or three steps, a couple in the air and then I’m back on the ground again. I realize I am running from something or someone? I am afraid. I can’t stop running.

Then a car catches me. I feel relief because it’s my friend, Sheila Barber. I can finally stop running and I in the car with her. Sweaty, panting, fearful. She drives us to a beautiful Victorian farmhouse. It resembles a gingerbread house. I notice there is something odd about Sheila, but don’t care. I’m just happy to not be running.

We go into the farmhouse and there is an elderly woman sitting at a table. The house is decorated much as you would expect it to be. Authentic to her age, Victorian, lots of lace doilies and Victorian style dishes, furniture.

There is a hutch filled with children’s Victorian style tea sets. She has one in front of her and as she opens the miniature teapot I can see it is full of pearls and beads and soap pellets. I can smell the lavender soap. Then I hear a moan and I look over to side of the elderly woman and there is a woman hanging from the ceiling. Still alive, she moans again. And as the elderly woman pours out the teapot of pearls and beads and soap pellets on the table, she laughs, a horrible sound, and a small girl comes out and climbs up behind the woman hanging from the ceiling and stabs the woman through the head.

Now I am hanging from the ceiling, Sheila is hanging beside me. My miniature teapot is blue, Sheila’s is yellow. As the teapots are tipped over, Whitney and Denae come out of the room behind us.

This is where I woke up, honestly sweating. I got up and drank some water and slept on the couch. When I went back to sleep the next nightmare was worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment