Monday, January 23, 2012

Of opossums and pills

I woke up late this morning. The effects of too much weekend, early wake ups on Saturday and Sunday, the 13 mile run, the zumba class…

Add to that my stress shoulder is stressed again. I was in pain and disgruntled about having to call the doctor and get a refill of my muscle relaxer or next step to the chiropractor when I found my prescription bottle. Still had two pills. And six refills left. So I took a pill and called the pharmacy. And was relieved that she gave me six refills for a year because it let me know this was something the doctor knew wouldn’t go away immediately. They don’t make me drowsy, but I sleep like I’m dead. And while it may not be dreamless, no dreams woke me or kept me awake, at least not that I remember.

But if I could figure out how to dream in full length novels I would have a writing career.

Back to my late morning. As I finish up with hair and make up I think to peek in Whitney’s room and she is still NOT OUT OF BED! I raise my voice (yell), tell her she has 15 minutes to be ready (she doesn’t make it) and head to the kitchen to pack lunches. I pack both hers and mine and throw some extra crap in hers so she can eat it for breakfast or between classes because I think she has late lunch today, not till 1:00. Then I go to take the trash out to the curb. Usually I do this on Sunday nights, but it was so windy that it blows the trash cart over. And my trash cart is full and heavy, but it was just that windy. The bungee cord that holds the lid down is broken so when the cart blows over the trash spills. The trash bags are all securely fastened, but we live really close to nature and the wild animals (skunks, opossums and raccoons) rip into the bags for our garbage. After Steve and Whitney watched the episode of “Infested” (I happened to be in the room) where the opossums took over the girls apartment and she ended up in the hospital with typhus I’m still a little freaked out, I hate opossums, so I waited till this morning to drag the trash out.

Twenty-five minutes after my fifteen minute deadline Whitney makes it to the car. I go back in to get her lunch and grab an extra pony tail holder while I’m in there because it takes two to hold her 15 pounds of hair.

And then...I get a notification on facebook (Shout out to Belinda for the encouraging words, much needed and appreciated) “Good morning, I don’t want you to have FACEBOOK envy. (a post for another time) You are going to have a special week because you are a daughter of the King. Keep pressing on to know Him. Love you."

What a great reminder.

Also got a reminder from Whit that I’m out of altoids and that dad saves the last one for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment