Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Never stop running

Saturday morning after a 10 mile group run at Sedgwick County Park (of which I did not run with the group and only ran 8 miles) the group went to IHOP for breakfast. I did participate in this group activity of post race pancakes.

Tony B was celebrating the completion of his 5000 miles in 2011, which was a goal of his. And I was properly impressed. This group had all different levels of runners, different speeds, and was pretty evenly split between male and female. But one runner really made an impact on me. Tom S is in his mid-sixties. He said he doesn't feel sixty-ish, he feels great. And told us to never stop running.

I have had to take extended breaks from running. But I'm always excited and ready to get back into it. I'm hoping that I stay healthy and I can never stop running.

I have given up other activities, other dreams, other goals. I've had some dreams taken away from me, some goals pushed completely out of reach.

I realized that some of my dreams were not really mine. I also realized that God replaces broken dreams with new ones. Maybe not immediately, but over time you start to see them take shape. This verse has never pointed to dreams for me before, but I'm kind of thinking it will from here on. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."


What better dreams could I have than to know the Lord knows his plans for me, and they are for good, not for harm, to give me hope and a future?

No comments:

Post a Comment