Sunday, January 22, 2012

In my corner

11 weeks till marathon. Yesterday morning I told Steve I want to run the marathon April 7, I just don't want to do the training. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way so after worship team practice I ran home from church, the long way. 13 miles or so. It was cold and a little bit windy, but not too bad. Every week the longer distances get a little easier.

Whitney had a couple of scrimmage volleyball games. She's getting to play front row as a hitter as well as her back row defense position. It's fun watching her again.

Found out this week that Gracepoint is growing and they will be adding a third service in March. I'm thrilled about that, love to see the growth and lives changing. BUT...I will most likely have to give up being part of the worship team because I can't spend six hours at church on Sunday with two hours on Saturday for practice. Also, my voice is shot after two services today. (Screaming back up for Steve on Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It" probably was a big part of that, good thing Gil was screaming along with me). Will have to decide if I can manage it on a limited basis or not. My calling revolves around being wife and mom, always has. Not the most recognized and rewarded callings, (especially in my world) but one I take seriously none the less.

Fuel pump went out of Steve's car, bummer. We were blessed to have the money for a four digit repair. And a great friend that loaned us his old truck while Steve's car was in the shop.

It's been cold here. Cold and dry. Which makes me itchy. Not complaining, just telling you I'm itchy. I have lotion.

I miss my boy.

Hope everyone has a week full of blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment