Sunday, June 17, 2012

T minus 12 weeks

I suffered badly from exercise ADD this week.   Went to the Y instead of running outside because it was ferociously windy.  Whitney was babysitting, so dropped her off and went to a different Y than I usually do.  I ran my first mile and for some reason could not get my focus off the girl on the treadmill in front of me.  She was running well, but I was thoroughly entranced by the way she moved her elbows when she ran.  So I finished the mile and moved to another treadmill.  I was about 3/4 of a mile in and a director from work that I see everyday got on the elliptical behind me and again, this was so disconcerting that I finished that mile and moved...again.

This time, I ended up next to a much younger girl running 8.1 miles per hour, and the thought of racing her never entered my mind.  I finished my 3.5 miles and moved to an elliptical till Steve was through lifting.

The rest of the week was okay.

I have been dealing with runners knee ever since Rockin K Marathon.  It's tons better, but a long difficult run, like Storm the Dam last weekend, makes it flare up.  The swelling and pain go away in two days, then I run again and the swelling and pain come back.  It's not anything that really would sideline me, but from past experience, I've decided to take a week off and let it heal.  This is a great week for that, as it's a fall back week, and we have a lot of stuff going on.  I can aqua jog or use the precor that allows me to set resistance high and measure by distance instead of time. 

Then I will have three pretty tough weeks, but Whitney is going on her U.S. tour so I will have time to dedicate to training time wise.

I have had some serious doubts this week about trying an ultra.  In fact, I've had some pretty serious doubts about myself in general this week.  But I'm plowing ahead.  Life is too short to not give it my all.  Training, relationships, Life. 

1 comment:

  1. US Tour??
    And treadmills at any time with any person can cause ADD! :)

    ReplyDelete