Friday, June 17, 2011

Conversations with Whitney

Whitney has a wonderful herd of her own. Last night Steve and I took Whitney to On The Border for dinner. Whitney wanted it. Not one of our favorites, but Whitney is one of our favorites, so we went. Took Maddi and Denae too. I laughed so hard at these girls all night. Tears in my eyes laughing. I'm going to tell this story. You won't think it's as funny cause you weren't there.

Whitney and Denae are telling me and showing me Shelby's (an older girl from school, just graduated) mad face. Fingers move like you are honking something. A little growl in your throat.
Maddi is sitting next to me, and unfortunately she cannot make the face. Whitney and Denae however, are entertaining me. I notice over my shoulder a booth of four women pointing, laughing and talking about Whit. I turn to tell her, and notice that Whitney has noticed them watching her too. My child does not get embarassed and look away or quit. She looks directly at these women and makes the face, wiggles the fingers and growls at (for??) them. This is where I'm laughing so hard I might pee myself. I think most mothers would stop their daughters, but I can't stop laughing. I ask Whit later what these ladies did and she said they looked away and ignored her, they were really creeped out.

As luck would have it, the table behind Whitney had two girls celebrating their 21st birthday. As the wait staff sang their happy birthday song, Whitney continued to entertain and these waitpersons were paying some attention to her. Steve was egging them on.

All in all, I had a very enjoyable Thursday evening, and probably have a year's worth of stuff I could write about on here. I love these 15 year old girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment