Sunday, June 19, 2011

In my corner

I don't post this every week. Because sometimes nothing happens worth sharing. I could tell you that I went to church, but I've been going to church since 9 months before I was born. I could tell you I went to the gym, but I go 5 days a week minimum, so big deal. I had a date with Steve, but we do that every week now too.

I'm somewhere around 500 posts in 2 and a half years and since this is my blog they are all either about me or from my head, so sometimes you aren't gonna get anything new. I slid fully into my rut this week (and loved it). So in my world of anything new or possibly interesting, this is what I've got. Which isn't much, but has never stopped me before.

I got sunburned. First one of the summer. I was alone Saturday afternoon so I went to the pool. With a book. I didn't swim, because I had a good book and then I fell asleep and when I woke up hot my choice was head for the air conditioned car and Sonic for a diet coke or get in the water and I chose car. Then church was outdoors so I wore a sleeveless shirt and shorts and two and half hours later, I'm more burned. But it was a great service.

Nate paid a deposit on an apartment, asked for extra hours at work to save money so he can move to Lawrence, Kansas middle of August. He's ready. I'm ready. I will miss him, but when it's time it's time.

I'm behind on laundry. This hasn't happened in months. So I'm going to say in my corner it was a slow, easy, relaxing week, and go put away laundry.

Much love to you all!

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya. Life gets mundane, but sometimes mundane is exactly what we need. I did my cleaning on Friday night since I worked all day Saturday. Came home Saturday after 8.5 hours and napped for a couple. Went to church (late service), came home and laid in bed the rest of the day. Everything was done around the apartment, so I was guilt-free.

    ReplyDelete