Sunday, June 12, 2011

That's Jesus

At church this morning they showed a video of baptism from our second campus. It's a new campus. We've only been attending this church for two and a half months and we were there when they had their first service at their second campus. They baptised four ladies. All four said the same thing in their video. "My name is________, and I'm and addict. I've been clean/sober for however many months now." Then they talked about knowing Jesus.

I'm a sucker for baptism and baptism videos. They make me emotional always. But these, the tears rolled down my face and dripped off my chin. This touched me.

Only Jesus. Only Jesus can change a life like that. Only Jesus can deliver totally and completely.

No matter what your sin is, the forgiveness is complete and free. Restoration and redemption is promised. Man might look at you different, may never think you are what you should be. But Jesus? His love is unconditional. Free. We sang this song by Jesus Culture, Sing My Love

Words can never say the way he says my name
He calls me lovely
No one every sees the way he looks at me
He sees me holy
Words can never hold this love that burns my soul
Heaven holds me
Oh, heaven holds me

(Chorus)
Can't hold my love back in you
Can't hold my love back in you
I've gotta sing
I've gotta sing
Sing my love
To you Jesus yeah

(Verse 2)
You will not believe the way he touches me
He burns right through me
I could not forget every word he said
He always knew me
Earth could never hold this love that burns my soul
Heaven holds me
Oh, heaven holds me


If you've ever lived through a storm that made people look at you different then you know you are, you'll understand these lyrics. Whether it's out of your control or whether it's self inflicted, He calls me lovely. He sees me holy. I really needed to hear that this morning. Not real sure about the sermon, I really only got this song and the women who's lives Jesus changed. There are people who will know them always as addicts. They will know them only for the pain they caused to others while they were addicted. But Jesus sees them as holy. He calls them lovely.

The irony of my post last week where I ended "Hello, my name is Patsy, and I'm an addict." Was not lost on me, as I was holding a bottle of diet coke while I watched their videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment