Thursday, June 2, 2011

Tales from the Herd

This isn't a guest post, I thought I'd share a few pictures and show you how long I've been running with some of the "herd". There are new members, and I love them dearly. But these pictures, well, hold on to your bellies and remember the late 80'S into the early 90'S!

If you check out this picture from 1988 carefully, you will find me standing next to Sheila, and a little further over Sharon, who is in the picture at the bottom at the restaurant.

Rebecca, (Shannon and Sandra I don't ever see) and I went to Houston for Labor Day weekend 1991. Had a great weekend, spent a day at Galveston, all kinds of fun memories. On the highway right outside of Houston we passed these two guys in a convertible corvette talking on a car phone (before cell phones). I held up our phone number (our apartment in Wichita) and when we stopped at a station they had a shop where they built this Cobra and they let us have a ride. I learned what a ratchet shifter was that day and impressed many men with that knowledge.

Sharon, Rebecca and me (and Deborah and Anna) at Sweet Basil, our favorite GNO restaurant.

Sheila and I at the Johnstons Half Marathon 2009

And I can't show pictures of my long time girlfriends without including this one of Sheila's daughter Emily and Whitney at Emily's 16th birthday party two weekends ago. They've been at each other's parties their whole lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment