Thursday, June 9, 2011

Slaughter or Conquer?

Romans 8:36-40
36 As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.” 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I am a sheep to be slaughtered.
Yes, I am. Have felt that way lately. Slaughtered. Facing hard stuff all
day long. Putting one foot in front of the other. Making it through, only
to start over again tomorrow.

I am a conqueror.
Yes, I am. Have felt that way lately. I have conquered. I have continued to
get up. Put one foot in front of the other. Making it through to start over
again tomorrow.

I am loved.
Yes, I am. Have felt that way lately. I am loved by God. Through Christ Jesus
and no one can separate us.
I am loved by Steve. I hear it, I see it, I know it.
I am loved by my children and I know it.
I am loved by my friends. They tell me, they show me, in a myriad of ways.
I am loved by my family.

Nothing, in all of creation, can separate me from the love of God in Christ Jesus. NOTHING. What a great thing to remember.

1 comment:

  1. "I Belong" your scripture reminded me of this beautiful song and I listened to it over and over in the car today. It gives me great hope and peace that nothing can take us from his great love. His truth remains forever. Just know my sweet friend that I love you and I am praying and cheering for you every day. You are so gifted at writing and thank you for sharing what God has laid on your heart.

    ReplyDelete