Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Shopping

Went shopping the other night. Steve needed some accessories. Ties and belts are accessories for men right? Whitney wanted a new outfit. I suggested many, a couple Steve looked at me like I was crazy (translated, he would never let her wear them out of the house) and a couple Whitney looked at me like I was crazy (Little House on the Prairie styles are not fashionable, even in Kansas). She settled on a skirt that I would say is a southwest print with bright orange and white and sky blue, and an orange tank top that she will wear her sleeveless vest over. It is cute. I tend to like girlie clothes a lot more than Whitney does. I like soft fabrics, victorian styles, even my professional attire is softer and prettier than most. I shopped for myself at GNC. Then on to Walmart. Groceries. And about $50.00 worth of vitamins and protein. Healthy stuff, like the GNC stuff I bought.

I'm not much of a shopper. I did realize I need some new clothes when Steve asked if I was going to buy something to wear to a wedding and I said no, and he said, "are you going to wear your black dress or your white dress?" Yep, it's that bad. My other choices are my green dress, black skirt or jeans. So I looked at dresses. But I couldn't pick one out. So Steve picked one out for me. And it was beautiful. And I got to purchase it in a size that really made me happy. And Madeline and Whitney both complimented me. When 15 year old girls compliment you, it means you got it right, or waaaayyyyy wrong. I think I got this one right. I've said it before, I just ought to let Steve pick out all my clothes.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I'm getting better at buying new clothes for myself (and stuff that FITS). I hope I get to see the dress sometime!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures or it didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete