Monday, February 27, 2012

In my corner

I was in three states last week, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma.

I spent 12 hours driving/riding in my car.

I ate 7 straight meals in restaurants:  Freddy's, Marriott, Chick-fil-a, Olive Garden, Burger King, Panera, Mr. Goodcents.  Highlights were Olive Garden's Peach Ice Tea with fresh peach slices and Panera's Acai Berry Tea.  Pretty sure I will cook every meal for a week.

Spent an evening with Nate.

Watched 3 basketball games.

Watched 20 volleyball games.  Ended up with a decent record, but our wins came at all the wrong times to actually place.

Three nights in a hotel.

Some volleyball mama drama at the tournament.  We have some spoiled brats with really lousy attitudes on Whitney's team.   And a coach who addresses it. 

Trip to Walmart in Missouri with Whitney and 3 of her friends.  Whitney pretends to have seizure in the express check out lane behind me to the delight (seriously, it was like comedy night) of the 20 or so people in the the other express check out lines.    From Whitney's pretend seizure to her friends video taping and taking pictures and my total lack of interest when I saw her, it was very well received. I had two people tell me they had small children and they couldn't wait till they were that old.  They hoped their kids would be fun like that.   My life is rarely boring....

Ran on the treadmill in the Marriott workout room.  Little girl was having her birthday party and they were in the pool next door.  12 little faces pressed up against the window staring at me.  One says "mama, what's she doing?"  6 year old mind could not wrap itself around a person spending that much time running and going nowhere.

This week looks pretty boring...I'm so glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment