Thursday, February 2, 2012

Random Thoughts

Facebook and twitter and cell phones add new dimensions to parenting. I get to be so much more aware of my kids lives. Have to be more worried about the constant communication and the intimacy that comes with that. And I get to see way more than I want to know. But just like knowing your kids friends, their parents, what their houses are like, monitoring clothing choices, these have to be monitored also. I did threaten Whitney the other day with a punishment, getting her a flip phone. Not taking her phone away, but giving her a “dumb” flip phone. SMH! At myself.

We are back church shopping. Well not till after volleyball season, until then we will attend churches that have Saturday evening services. Apparently our new church didn’t love us as much as we loved them. Nuff said. I was willing after this last week to not go at all, which is sad because I love church. Steve won’t let us do that. (I didn’t really want to anyway). It’s in God’s hands, right? He has a plan for us, even if we continue to make our own way, off his path, he veers us back on at some point. For some reason I just pictured a herd of cattle trying to go its own way and a dog barking at them to corral them through the gate. I’m not saying I’m a cow or God’s a dog, just a weird thought that came to mind.

My training for the marathon had me concerned, but I couldn’t add mileage too fast without risking injury, so I added high impact cardio classes 4-5 times a week. NOTE TO SELF: You are not tough enough for 30 minutes of 8 MPH sprints followed by Shalen’s Zumba class. Also when you show up to zumba or turbokick after running you are already sweating. Which means you will sweat sooner and heavier than you usually do in these classes. Sweat on hardwood floors can be dangerous. REMEMBER THIS!

I wonder how many times I can cancel a before work run with Sheila before she gives up our friendship? It’s lasted 30+ years, is this the thing that might break it?

2 comments:

  1. Yes! For the sake of a friendship GO RUN!
    PJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry your church shopping again. The right one is out there... somewhere!

    ReplyDelete