Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Whitney's view

My mom doesn’t have feelings, (except for anger at me when I don’t get out of bed). And dad can do ANYTHING and she never gets mad at him.

I really think she doesn’t like to sleep because she stays up later than me and is always up before I am and then she gets angry at me for wanting to sleep longer. She also doesn’t like it when I sleep during the day. Says something stupid like I won’t sleep at night. I don’t really listen.


She eats weird too. She likes the crunchy edges of the brownies and she always wants the burnt grilled cheese sandwich or the steak that has charred edges. Dad and I don’t like them, so it’s a good thing mom does.

Somehow she runs 4 days a week and goes to Zumba classes twice a week and lets me and Nate and Dad eat over half her food and yet she still never gets any skinnier. I think she says it’s something to do with her metabolism and having babies and genetics, but secretly I think she’s eating candy bars all day at work.

She must really like to cook because there are days where we have NO.FOOD.IN.THE.HOUSE. But she can go in and make a 5 course meal with ground beef, a bag of potatoes, corn, flour and sugar.

She doesn’t know what fun is. She never wants me to have a good time. I think it’s because she thinks laundry and vacuuming and dishes are fun, and that’s what she wants me to do all the time. She never goes to movies or just hangs out with her friends. She sees her friends watching me play volleyball or running with them, and once a month she goes out to eat with friends, but they just talk and eat and then go home.

She never wants new clothes and shoes. She likes her old stuff. She hates when it gets holes and wears out. She also has quit growing and never loses weight no matter how hard she exercises, so her stuff fits forever. Good thing she likes old stuff.

I see her cry once in a while, but not very much. Sometimes when she really misses Nate. Or if someone hurts her feelings. She thinks I don’t know, but I can tell. But then she comes out of her bedroom or the laundry room and I can tell she’s okay. Or she pretends really good.

She just doesn’t understand what it’s like to be in high school. She’s really old.



1 comment: