Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

Not feeling all lovely and romanticy today, in spite of the purple iced sugar cookie emblazoned with the word "love" that was on my desk when I got to work this morning.

In honor of Valentine's Day, I thought I would revisit posts from previous Valentine's Days. Guess what I found? In three years I have not posted about Valentine's Day. Steve and I don't celebrate it, our anniversary is next week. We hit that one hard. Usually.

But in 2009, I did post this one about God's 22.5 ton love for us a couple days before Valentine's Day.

Tonight we will take Whitney to volleyball practice and will go to the Y while she practices. Then, we are going to Freddy's Frozen Custard for a family Valentine's Day dinner. Kind of defeats the purpose of the Y...

2 comments:

  1. 2 weeks ago, the kids and I planned a fabulous meal of homemade lasagna (with homemade meat sauce), spinach salad, garlic bread, and an apple tart for our family VDay celebration. Made the sauce last week and got it into the freezer...and that's as far as we got! We had hot ham and cheese sandwiches and tomato soup because our Tuesday afternoon class at the library went a little long and then we bumped into some friends and chatted a bit too long...and nobody missed the fuss but we all felt loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that. "we all felt loved". When you do have this fabulous meal, let me know. I'll come for dinner. I guess maybe I should start driving now...

    ReplyDelete