Thursday, February 9, 2012

Nachos and Margaritas

My Scripture today was great. Psalms 121. I have scribbles in my handwriting (and a few suspicious spots I'm guessing are tear stains), dated April 13, 2011 above this chapter that says "you made the Heavens and earth, you can change man. You can answer my prayer". (He did).

Psalm 121 is eight verses of awesome. The Lord guards his people. I was going to share it here, but I really think you should open the Bible and read it. I find my Bible so comforting, the leather cover, the thin paper, the words of Christ in red, so if you need encouragement today go to Psalm 121.

Carrie, I love her, last night had a picture of herself post-run (yes, I stole this idea from her) and the caption was "to the lady on the treadmill next to me, yes we WERE racing, and I WON!" Of course I giggled. Then underneath that she said, "Patsy, how's that for rainbows and unicorns". Pretty dang good since you asked.

In the spirit of rainbows and unicorns, sunshine and roses, I posted once about sunburn and thorns.

A comment was left on my blog last week "espresso and dark chocolate" and for a minute I thought they were nicknaming my little girls and I thought how politically incorrect that was, while still funny, then realized it was their version of rainbows and unicorns and then I knew who it was who commented anonymously, based on that. I wonder what your two things are that indicate life is good?

We already have:
Sunshine and roses (picture from yahoo images)
Rainbows and unicorns (picture from photobucket)
Espresso and dark chocolate (picture from yahoo images)


I would add:
Hugs and kisses
Nachos and margaritas (picture from Signal Mountain Lodge Nacho Night)
Rebecca and baseball (some of my best times were spent sitting in the sun drinking beer and watching baseball with this one)

Any others? What are yours?

1 comment:

  1. I've never thought of it this way - in 'couplets'. I'll have to ponder as I run this week.

    ReplyDelete