Sunday, July 31, 2011

In my corner

Illustrated version


Took Denae and Whitney to the mall. Denae played like she hurt her knee and wore Steve's knee brace and used his crutches around the mall. Whitney got her ears pierced again.


Steve and I went to the Cowley County fair to see a Journey tribute band. It was a lot of fun, they were good, and the storm waited to come through till they were done but before the AC/DC tribute band.


Carrie always takes a picture after a run. I can't take a self picture with my cell phone. I'm not coordinated enough. So I asked the elderly woman on the recumbant bike to do it, figured she wouldn't even have to stop pedaling. She says, "sure, push what button? My vision isn't very good." So I'm sharing this picture because she made my day.


I took this picture after my run this weekend. Obviously I didn't run the whole five miles at 8.2 miles per hour. But I started at 6 miles an hour and sped up pretty consistently the whole time. I did lose time because I had to slow down to walk to drink water because I had the wrong water bottle and I had to unscrew the lid and tip it and drink like a cup. But I was thrilled to finish this strong.


Steve bought me new trail shoes. Salomons. I love them. Plan on giving them a good workout.


Sunday afternoon with Anneshia.


Went to church. Steve is singing with the worship team later this month and going forward. The guitarist is in the lifegroup we are joining, him and his wife are neat people. Great sermon on forgiveness, I work hard at this, but I was pricked about one person that I'm continually forgiving and despising and forgiving. Much work needed on my heart still.

1 comment: