Sunday, July 17, 2011

My anniversary

This is one of my favorite anniversaries. This is the third anniversary of the first day of my first half marathon training. On that day, I wouldn’t have called myself a runner. Today I know different.

I’ve been running for two weeks regularly after healing from a double sprain and double stress fracture in April. Sheila thinks that it was God’s way of telling me to quit running from my problems and running to get out of the house and just stay home. Sheila is very wise, I would not disagree with her, pretty sure she is one of two friends of mine that God speaks directly through to me. And I've discovered in the last two weeks that I do that. So I'm guessing...

I want to share some of my favorite running things/moments.

My 2011 Grasslands Marathon long sleeve maroon tech shirt. Most awesome race shirt ever.

The Steve 50

Watching the Boston Marathon (run Jed, run!)

New friends I’ve made because I run. I would not know any of these individuals if I (okay, if Steve) hadn’t taken up running. Jake, Carrie, Jed, Jenny, Paul, Joni, Patrick, Kimberly, Robert

All the extra time I’ve spent with Sheila because we get to run together.

I have also set goals for the next year. This is what I’m looking forward too, (but I’m always very flexible with what I schedule).

I want to run the 15K Tiger Trot at Tanganika Zoo in September

I want to see Steve finish the Ozark Trail 100. Knee surgeon told him his meniscus has been bad for a while, since before last November even, so we think that may be the swelling and pain problem he had with his knee last year.

I want to run the 10 Mile Turkey Trot in November for the 4th consecutive year.

I want to run the Psycho Wyco Run Toto Run in February, any distance, just because I loved every cold snowy vertigo inducing step last year.

I want to run my third marathon in 2012. Haven’t picked a marathon or even time of year, but I know I’m going to run one (or two if I stay healthy & un-stress fractured). I’m thinking about the one at Clinton Lake in April, it’s a trail marathon, and Clinton Lake is located in Lawrence, Kansas where a certain special young man is moving this August…not that I need an excuse to visit him, but if I can combine two loves I will. And I have yet to run the Wichita Marathon (Prairie Fire, whatever you call it) so maybe number 4 in October of 2012.

Steve is talking more ultra’s next year, so I am also excited to be his crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment