Friday, July 29, 2011

Would you eat it?

I'm sure (I really hope???) every family does this. Eats weird things. I thought about that tonight. As I poured a diet coke and put one scoop of vanilla ice cream in it, yumm, right? And then added a scoop of benefiber. (Go ahead and giggle).

I remember Nate standing in front of the fridge with a peach as he put a scoop of whipped cream on it, drizzled caramel sauce on it and then put a maraschino cherry on top of it. Nate and his giant peach.

Then my favorite Whitney one, she ate a bowl of cocoa pebbles when she was about five (don't judge me, she's a picky eater, I was just happy she was eating) and when she got done instead of just drinking her chocolate sugar milk she got up from the table and got the hershey's syrup to add to the chocolatey milk in her bowl and then drank it.

My kids all know how to make ramen noodles. We keep jars of Ragu cheddar, alfredo and red sauce to put on their noodles.

We save leftover pancakes and eat them with peanut butter and jelly (and the jelly must be homemade by grandma) as sandwiches later.

And PB&J stands for Peanut butter, banana AND jelly (same jelly comment applies) sandwiches.

My nephew Jeff loves syrup. So much, that at Christmas I gave him a jumbo jug of Log Cabin for a present. He even eats it on pork chops.

Madeline's favorite thing I make is hamburger helper cheesy hashbrown casserole. HOW WEIRD IS SHE??? This might be the weirdest of all.

I do have to point out that for Steve, weird is when he eats ice cream or pudding that isn't chocolate. He does have other *endearing* oddities, they just aren't food related.

So anyone want to share their weird concoctions? Not necessarily as gross as my benefiber diet coke float.

4 comments:

  1. Doritos inside a PB&J sandwich.
    BBQ sauce on baked potatoes.
    I used to pour orange juice in my leftover cereal milk and drink that (I was very young). It was a poor man's Orange Julius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a kid we would pick the huge lettuce leaves from the garden, pour sugar on it and roll it up then eat it.
    My daughter eats her toast with peanut butter, cinnamon and sugar.
    My husband once added peanut butter to his ramen. One and only time for that concoction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kraft Mac n Cheese w/ cream of mushroom & tuna mixed in
    French & bleu cheese dressing mixed together
    Sharp cheddar cheese melted on top of apple pie
    Strawberry pop tart (no icing lightly toasted w/ butter on top

    Thanks for the pancake leftover idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. Whitney did say the other day steak sauce is good on anything. Good to know we all have weird stuff.

    ReplyDelete