Saturday, July 9, 2011

Workin' at the car wash

Heights volleyball team had a car wash today. When it was over Mckenzie, Alyssa, Carly, Jada and Shaunee came to the Y where Steve and I were lounging in the inner tubes. McKenzie and Alyssa came over and talked to us and told us how it went. A USD259 woman employee drove by and made the comment "is this what we've come to?"

I have lived through 13 years times 4 kids of school fundraisers, plus 10 years of Whitney. Add volleyball, baseball, softball, basketball, choir, madrigals, cheerleading, drill team, women's ensemble, drama, youth camps and mission trips, that's a lot of fundraisers.

But, I even surprised myself when I said to Steve "if they can make $811.00 in six hours at a car wash and I don't have to sell cookie dough, I'll buy Whitney a new bikini."

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!

1 comment: