Monday, July 18, 2011

I make things new

I stood before him, tears running down my cheeks.

"I'm so tired". I said.

"Come to me if you are tired and weary. I'll give you rest", (Matt. 11:28) he said kindly.

More tears, sobbing openly I said to him,

"I'm tired of hurting."

"I am the Son of Righteousness. There is healing in me." (Malachi 4:2)

I held my hands out to him, opening them to show the shattered pieces of me.

"I'm so broken. There is nothing left of me. Can you fix me? Please?"

"Your faith will make you well", he said. (Luke 8:48)

And he took the broken out of my hands and said "I make all things NEW". (Revelation 21:5)

3 comments:

  1. My favorite post of all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite post too. Such great hope and promise in all these verses. Like I told you earlier today, you will not be broken hearted forever. He heals all wounds through His great power. Praying for you every day and the lives you are touching through this. You have great courage and strength. Love you my best friend.

    ReplyDelete