Friday, July 22, 2011

Madeline and Whitney get hot

I took Whitney and Madeline grocery shopping with me. We are in Dillons and they are actually with me, because unlike Walmart it's no fun to browse in Dillons. And the comic relief while grocery shopping was welcome. A lady tells them that they are both beautiful girls and asks if one of them in my daughter. She thinks they both look like me. Of course the one that pipes up and says I'm not her daughter is my daughter and the lady looks at her and says well you really look like her. And they laugh and I confess.

But then they left me to browse in the produce section. And then Whitney comes back and asks if I'll buy Madeline a habanero. In case you haven't read me long enough to have an indication of what I would do here, I bought the habanero.

I don't pay a whole lot of attention to these girls when we get home, but then I see on facebook that they made a 3:11 minute video of themselves eating the habanero. It was hilarious. Madeline is very matter of fact as she cuts and eats part of the habanero. Whitney is apprehensive and giggly, and when she finally takes a bite, she gags and puts her hand over her mouth and almost throws up. (That's my girl).

I wish I still lived that way. Unafraid of new things. Willing to try things that might hurt me. And willing to video and share it with everyone else.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe they actually ate one! I've used them before in my queso dip - they are no joke. I made the mistake once of rubbing my eye (after I'd washed my hands) and it burnt like the devil for two days afterwards!

    On to the bigger message here - I wholeheartedly agree about being fearless and willing to try things that might hurt. Oh, say, like unflinching obedience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't get the video out of facebook, or I would've shared it. But I may link it to my page so you can see it. I love 15 year old girs.

    ReplyDelete