Thursday, July 28, 2011

Jesus has big hands

I heard “Praise You in this Storm” on the radio. (Yes, I can finally listen to worship music again). I like this song. It wouldn’t make my top ten favorites list (if I had one, might have to do that). The band, Casting Crowns, wouldn’t even make my top ten favorites (I’ll be working on that list too). When it got to the line “and every tear I’ve cried, you hold in your hand” I realized Jesus has some really big hands. My friends Susie and Becca have cried non-stop for months over the loss of family and dreams. I’ve shed more than my share of tears recently. I’m not sure if there is a Scripture that says Jesus holds our tears in his hands. I know David writes in the Psalms about collecting our tears and bottling them.

There’s another song that says “he’s got the whole world in his hands”. Jesus has big hands. Which is great, because there is another song that says, "no weeeping, you hold me now, you hold me now".

I can sing again. I realized that I haven’t been singing. I would listen to music while I worked out, but not worship music. And now I can sing and listen to worship music. I ran with Steve’s ipod the other night and loved the worship music. I sang in church Sunday. I listened to Steve sing, and loved it. I thought of this verse:

The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. (Zephaniah 3:17)

My song was silenced for a brief time. But the Lord is with me. He quiets me with his love. He rejoices over me with singing. And in that, he has given me back my song. My voice.

My hallelujah isn't as broken.

I have everything. God has been so good to me. Answering my prayers. Restoring me, healing me, putting things back together more beautiful than they were. He is mighty to save.

So Jesus may bottle my tears, but there will be a lot less of them.

Well, a lot less after next weekend. I reserve the right to cry more than usual as Nate told me Monday he’s leaving a week earlier than originally planned for Lawrence, he is now moving on August 5 instead of August 12. I came home from work last night to boxes being packed, bags being filled, and laundry being done. Belongings being separated into what he wants to take and what he wants me to store and what I can get rid of. He’s ready to move on to the next phase of his life. I’m ready for that too. I just wish my head could convince my heart.

But the Lord is with me, he quiets me with his love.

1 comment:

  1. That last paragraph made me cry. I'm not sure I'll be as ready as you are now. I hope I am... I do have 11 years to work up to it. But I know, they will fly by. I'm here if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete