Saturday, August 13, 2011

I believe

I believe in gatorade, roctane, injinji toe socks and camelback.

I believe in yellow princess running skirts, blue sports bras and cold weather running tights.

I believe in sweating till it runs down your arms and drips off your elbows.

I believe in meeting people you love at 5:00 a.m. for six miles.

I believe in 9:00 p.m. runs, if it's the only time you can find.

I believe in trail runs, pavement runs and treadmill runs.

I believe in running harder, running faster, running further, and then running just a little bit more.

I believe in speedwork.

I believe in long, slow, easy runs.

I believe in running in solitude.

I believe in running in quiet.

I believe in running with your loudest booty shakin' playlist.

I believe in diet coke as a recovery drink.

I believe in snowy runs, rainy runs, cold runs, and hot runs.

I believe in 10K's, 10 milers, half marathons, marathons and ultra-marathons.

I believe in running just for running's sake.

I believe running is good for the body, mind and soul.

I believe I look really good after a ten mile run.

I believe you can make new friends based on one shared interest.

I believe nothing feels like crossing the finish line, we just all forget how it feels after we outgrow elementary school.

I believe. I run. BECAUSE I WANT TO.

***This post was inspired by a facebook comment from Julie Price to Carrie Arnett, it said "Sorry I made you wake up at 5:45 on your birthday. But glad to share a bday run. Jake should totally take kids somewhere so you can nap later."

No sleeping in for the birthday girl, and it made me think of all the things I love about running. And without permission, I'm posting this picture of Carrie and Julie after they did the Warrior Dash. It's a 5K with obstacles. Mud, creeks, flaming hay bales (I think). I call them wonder mud women.



2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on all of that, except the diet coke. Can't stand diet drinks. And I so want to do a warrior dash someday. My husband thinks it's crazy, but I'll bring him around..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was an awesome post. I just sent the address to Julie so she can see it.

    ReplyDelete