Sunday, August 28, 2011

In My Corner

Volleyball season started with a scrimmage game at Falcon Frenzy and introductions of all fall sports teams and players. First game is Tuesday.
She is actually passing the ball to Laura here, but you can't see her behind Makenzie. (OH!!! AND SHE MADE THE VARSITY SQUAD!!!)

Shes the little one with the yellow headband and pink and peroxide blonde stripes in the back of her hair. I told her no when she wanted to shave one side, this seemed the best compromise.


I baked on Saturday to send goodies to my college student. I miss him so much. Peanut butter kiss cookies and chocolate cake balls. They are both excellent, if I may say so myself. Good thing the box I sent was big so I didn't have to eat more. They aren't works of art, just delicious.

The baggie of cake balls next to the plate is for Denae, as she NEEDS cakeballs.


Double date night with Jake and Carrie. Always a good time. (Picture is pirated without permission from facebook.)


Steve took me out to dinner and then to see Bruce's band "GetBad". Got to see Stacy for a little bit too. (Also pirated without permission from facebook.)


Steve played softball Saturday night. I have a really bad picture from a long way out, but I can't get it to upload and didn't want to wait for it. In searching for his glove, I went through three bags of Nate's baseball stuff. Found a complete set of catcher's gear, two catcher's gloves, 6 pairs of metal cleats, two other baseball gloves, 8 pairs of batting gloves, 3 pairs of wrist sweat bands, 18 baseballs (not counting the bucket left in his room), and one half drunk bottle of gatorade. Not sure how old it is. Oh, and a pound of red dirt that is now all over my back porch.

I had some weird virus that made me feel like I was motion sick for three days. Dizzy, nausea, it was not fun. But I feel better now, and I'm looking forward to a good week.

I'm praying blessings for all who visit my blog this week!

2 comments: