Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Random thoughts

I'm so glad I didn't have to go to school today. It's the first day of sophomore year for Whitney. Such an uneventful year. Sophomore. And no school supplies, she'll be coming home with lists for each class for the next two weeks. All she needed was her purse, id and lunch money. And some new kick a$$ purple chuck taylors. This is her new hair color last night. The light brown didn't cover the red very well. But there is a bright pink and peroxide blonde streak in the back you can only see when she wears it up in her poof.


I like to wear dresses. Frilly, girly, pretty dresses. And jewelry. And make up. And high heels. Life is too short to wear ugly shoes is one of my mottoes.

You know how some people have a knee that tells them when it's going to rain? I have a shoulder that lets me know when I'm suffering from stress. Like I need shoulder and neck pain to tell me I have stress.

I have heard it said that the things you worry most about never happen. That's true.

Steve sang at a memorial service for one of the greatest men I have ever personally known. Judge Paul Clark. Steve got to sing in a style I would label "baptist old school". Suit and tie, (he looked sharp) Ray Boltz "Thank You For Giving to the Lord" with a CD. He sounded great. And I got to see some old friends from Newspring. Haven't seen them in 5 months. Pastor Mark, Linda, Pat (I loveloveLOVE Pat), Ryan, Melinda, Kevin, Melissa, Dan (okay, I see Dan at work and we've been out to dinner with him and Jackie, so not 5 months there).

I ran four miles with Sheila at 5:00 this morning. I was feeling so good at mile four I was wishing I could run Saturday mornings scheduled 8 miles.

My favorite college era local rock band did a reunion gig last weekend. Room Full of Walters. Went to The Loft Saturday night and hit the rewind button on my life to return to 1991. Which is a really weird feeling. My friend from forever, Alan is in RFOW, second from left. They played early alternative music, XTC, REM, Duran Duran, The Mighty Lemon Drops, the Cure and some original stuff. And some Elvis.

He is currently in Lucky People Band, far left. He is one of the few high school holdover friends that is Steve's friend now as much as he is mine. And he is an awesome drummer. They play rock, 80's through some current stuff. Great fun.


This should probably be titled Random Boring Thoughts, but if you are reading this, you stuck it out to the end, so you are as bored as I am boring.
HAVE A BLESSED DAY!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment